Followers

Monday, March 17, 2014

CAS or Elegant is the way to go

First things first, I have to wish my baby a very Happy 12th Birthday!! I love you Kyle!! Ok, now on to the scheduled post!!

This week at Love to Create Challenge the theme is CAS and/or Classy & Elegant. Ok, I'm going to have to admit I have never done a CAS and didn't even know what CAS meant so I had to look it up. According to, Amber Dawn, at Splitcoast Stampers this is the meaning: What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple. Below is the reworded definition

It's all about the design.
* not the technique
* not the tools
* not the embellishments

It's all about the design.
* Uncluttered
* lots of white or open space
* one main focal point

 So I hope that helps you with making a CAS card!! I really like it and I have a feeling you might be seeing more of them around here. I got to choose a great digi from our sponsor this week Milk Coffee and I love it. I wasn't sure how I was going to make Madeline with Retro Outfit a CAS but I think I succeeded, you tell me!!
The ingredients for this week's card is short and sweet. I used X Press It Blending Card for the digi and Bazzill for the card base. The sentiment is Microsoft Word LTC Kirsten. That's it.
Copics: E000, E00, E11, E15, E18, E93, YR21, YG95, B91, B95, B97, Y17, Y19, Y28, R24, R29, R39, C5, C7, BG70, BG72

I hope you enjoy my card this week and join us in being a little more simple this week with a CAS card!!

2 comments:

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

oooo she is delicious u really did a great job colouring her x

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! Your coloring skills are amazing.